A planned community located next to Mililani Town about 10 miles northwest of Honolulu, Mililani Mauka is a relatively new community featuring wide roads with pedestrian-friendly lanes and sidewalks. Consisting of single-family homes, townhouses and condos, the community features a number of amenities for residents to enjoy.
Mililani Mauka Homes
Homes in the Mililani Mauka community tend to be more modern in their design and architecture when compared to other homes on Oahu. With most of the homes built between the early 1990s and 2007, most feature aesthetically-pleasing facades and range in size from 1,500 to 2,500 square feet. A variety of homes are available within the community, including one- and two-story homes, with most featuring three to four bedrooms. Homes offering up to 3,000 square feet of living space are also available, with common features including cathedral ceilings, open floor plans, Corian or granite countertops, central A/C and stainless steel appliances. Most homes in the community also have a garage.
In terms of outdoor living space, most homes in Mililani Mauka sit on small to medium-sized plots ranging in size from 5,000 to 6,000 square feet or less. There are, however, some homes available with larger yards ranging in size from 9,000 to 12,000 square feet. Many of the yards within the community have also been nicely landscaped, with the consistent rainfall in the area helping to keep the yards lush and green year-round.
Mililani Mauka Amenities
The central location of Mililani Mauka makes it easy for residents to get around the island and to visit the large nearby shopping centers. The Gateway shopping center, which offers a drug store, restaurants and a gas station, is also located within the community. Community recreation centers, pools and parks are also located throughout the neighborhood, as are plenty of walking/jogging paths. A golf course is also located near to the community, while downtown Honolulu is only a 30 to 45 minute drive away. Oahu’s North Shore beaches are only a 20 minute drive away, while Pearl Harbor is just 20 to 30 minutes away. These distances make these areas within easy reach while also remaining far enough away to avoid urban sprawl.
Mililani Mauka Schools
The schools that serve Mililani Mauka are backed by an excellent reputation. In fact, the schools within the community are one of the major draws for many people who consider making the community their home. Schools within the community include:
- Mililani Mauka Elementary: Serves kindergarten through fifth grade. One of the first to emphasize technology in Hawaii, the school is consistently voted one of the best public schools in Oaho.
- Mililani Middle School: Operates on a track system, giving students breaks of two to three weeks every couple of months. Scores well over Hawaii’s average in most assessed areas.
- Mililani High School: Has over 2,400 students and still consistently beats Hawaii’s overage averages in Math and Reading scores by more than 20 points.
- Hanalani Schools: Christian school serving pre-kindergarten through high school. Offers smaller class sizes.
- Leeward Community College: A few miles south of Mililani. Offers extensive job and trade skills programs along with academic programs
With so much to offer, it is easy to see why so many are interested in calling Mililani Mauka their home!